My kids are always talking about how cool it will be to finally be grownups. They’re always wishing time away, even as I’m begging it to slow down. It made me start thinking about this whole grownup thing I have going on.
Sometimes I get bogged down with the responsible side of grownupness. Bills and insurance and the blah blah blah of existing as a human in the twenty-first century.
Sidebar: seems to be a lot of blah blah blah, am I right?
Today, I’m thinking about what my kids must see:
1. I get to stay up as late as I want. And I don’t have to take a nap. Unless I want to.
2. I can eat cake for breakfast. Or lunch. Or whenever I want.
3. I get to pick out my own clothes.
4. I can use the computer. All. The. Time.
5. I get to watch Netflix. Whenever I want.
6. Who decides if we’re going out to eat? This girl!
7. I can drive a car. Which means I can go anywhere I want.
8. I have my own money. I don’t have to ask anyone for it or wait til my birthday to get money to buy things.
9. I don’t have to go to school anymore.
10. No one’s the boss of me.
Yeah, being a grownup is pretty amazing.
What do you think the best part is?
I would love to connect with you on Facebook or Instagram at My Pink Champagne Life or Twitter @MyPinkChampLife. Swing by and say hello!