I’m doing my happy dance because my friend at My Perfect Breakdown nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award! Thank you so much! Y’all should go check out her blog, she writes beautifully about the realness and rawness of her hopes of becoming a parent.
- Put the Award logo in your post.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blogs).
My questions from My Perfect Breakdown:
1. What is your favorite song? I’m in a real country phase right now (and frankly, since I live in the south I’m almost always at least near the country phase). I love the Kasey Musgrave song called “Biscuits”-it’s kinda my motto now.
Don’t judge me, I can’t help it if my gypsy hippie mermaid cowgirl poet roots show:)
2. What do you most value about blogging? Great question with so many answers! Writing is a release for me so there’s that. And all my new friends from around the world-I love that writing, this thing I enjoy-has brought us together! And of course, since I wrote a book that got published this year, my publishing company strongly suggested it.😉
3. Do you have any pets? I love this question! It gives me a chance to talk about Charlie, my husband’s service dog. Mr. Wonderful, my sweet hubs, served his country in the military for 15 years. He was recently medically retired for the little souvenir called PTSD that he brought home from his time overseas. We call this Mad Cow-sometimes you have to laugh about these things.
Charlie is the best dog! She keeps Mr. Wonderful calm and through her training, is helping me be his Battle Buddy. She’s also an amazing family dog. The kids know if she’s not wearing her service vest that she’s available for playing or belly rubs.
4. What does your typical day look like? This question was the scariest! The only thing constant from day to day in my world is chaos. With four kids and a day job and speaking engagements for my book and Mr. Wonderful’s doctor appointments and blogging and trying to find time to still date my husband and occasionally working out and speech therapy for the seven year old every day is an adventure! I love how “versatile” my life is. Exhausting, but devastatingly beautiful in its chaos and imperfections.
5. What game do you play most on your cell phone? Due to the aforementioned chaos, nada. You mean I can play games on this thing?
6. What are your hobbies? I love being crafty-no genre will be left untouched! Painting, sewing, writing, photography-I love it all! And reading…so many books, so little time.
7. What is your favorite meal? Anything Mr. Wonderful makes-he’s the cook at our house and everyone is grateful for that!
And Your Questions:
1. Describe your perfect day.
2. What do you do to relax?
3. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done recently (that you’re willing to share)?
4. Name three people you’d most like to eat dinner with (dead or alive).
5. What would you change about your life?
6. What’s your favorite ice cream?
7. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you recently?
Participate if you like, no worries of you don’t feel like it. Sometimes these things are a fun way to get to know each other. Enjoy! And thanks again MPB!