1. You join your kids for a dance party in the living room and your bones ache the next day.
2. You don’t see anything wrong with eating dinner at 4:30 and you justify it because you have little kids who go to bed early.
3. When you go to your preschool age kid’s class party you wonder why so many high schoolers have babies these days.
4. Your kids are impressed that you know answers to “olden times” Jeopardy questions about the ’80s. The 1980’s.
5. You’re exhausted. All. The. Time.
6. You go through the whole list of kid and dog names before you call the right kid. Then you forget why you were calling them in the first place.
7. Kids you once babysat for have kids older than yours.
8. You realize when your mom was your age you were applying to colleges.
9. Your high school friends are posting pics on Facebook of their kids’ graduations and their grandkids.
10. You’re trying to stay out of reading glasses while you still have one in diapers.
It ain’t easy but I’m blessed! Tomorrow I’ll be posting my Top 10 Reasons it’s Awesome Being an Older Parent. If I remember…
Copyright Meredith Shafer 2015